Account Manager - Commercial Lines - Houston, TX
Location: Houston, TX
Brown & Brown, Inc. is one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the U.S. We are a publicly traded company, listed on the NYSE as BRO and employ over 8,000 seasoned professionals. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States and we are looking for ambitious professionals to join our team!
Currently, Brown & Brown of Texas, Inc. is seeking a talented Account Manager to join our Commercial Lines Department. This individual will be responsible for providing support to Producers and Account Executives in obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing accounts. We will further rely on you to address all client service requests, negotiate renewal terms with the incumbent insurance carrier(s) and assist the Commercial Service Manager and/or Quality Control Liaison in the training of team members.
- Monitor/oversee expiration and binder log to ensure renewal of all coverage in a timely manner
- Review Renewal Update documents prepared by Account Associate prior to release to Producer
- Coordinate the receipt of the updated Executive Summaries
- Prepare and submit renewal information to incumbent insurance carrier(s) if account is not being marketed by the Marketing Dept.
- Review quotes and proposals received
- Request from insurance carrier(s) that renewal coverage be bound
- Oversee the Account Associate performing the renewal procedures upon binding of coverage; assist as necessary to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Check policies; transmit to client; update Applied
- Maintain current Activity log; follow up on open activities and/or oversee Account Associate follow up on open activities
- Receive all incoming calls and is the main point of contact for the client in addition to the Producer/Account Executive
- Assist clients with coverage questions, exposure identification and solutions, billing or carrier service issues
- Account Receivable maintenance, collection and resolution
- Set up Master Certificates
- Prepare/Issue non-standard Certificates of Insurance
- Prepare/Issue Schedules of Insurance
- Review all incoming mail; assign to Account Associate as appropriate
- Complete all QC incident reports, as necessary
- Ensure that Applied is properly documented and is fully utilized
- Confirm that all exposure checklists, fee agreements, disclosures, subjectivities and necessary client sign-offs are obtained or resolved and made part of the current file
- Assist the Commercial Service Manager in the development/maintenance of department procedures/processes
- Keep abreast of industry changes and trends
- Participates in seminars and classes for knowledge and skill development
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and minimum five years experience.
- Hold the appropriate Property & Casualty license
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong client service and relationship building skills.
- Superior presentation, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Follows policies and procedures, supports organization’s goals and values
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Meet productivity standards
- College degree
- Minimum typing speed of 40 to 50 words per minute
- Knowledge of Applied, Excel, Word, Outlook, and online rating programs
Salary Range: Negotiable
Relocation Expenses: Not covered
We offer our valued teammates excellent medical, dental and vision benefits, along with 401K, Employee Stock Purchase Plans plus much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Current Brown & Brown Team Members:
Attention Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.