Technical Assistant - Commercial Lines - Roseland, NJ
Location: Roseland, NJ
Brown & Brown Metro, LLC is currently seeking Technical Assistant who will provide commercial lines service and support to clients and production staff. This role will be responsible for assisting, maintaining, and expanding assigned accounts. Our team will further rely on you to review commercial applications, renewal requests and endorsements for adherence to underwriting authority and guidelines as established by the company’s carriers.
- Process daily mail, including faxes and e-mail.
- Answer and process all telephone requests.
- Maintain account files in an orderly sequence according to established procedures.
- Enter all required data into system to maintain current file data.
- Prepare and process binders of insurance, policies, endorsements, certificates of insurance, audits and cancellations as defined in the company procedures manual as directed by CSR.
- Secure loss runs and experience modification worksheets on assigned accounts.
- Maintain suspense or follow-up system for correspondence/requests.
- Process premium finance agreements as needed.
- Assist client through preparation of Excel spreadsheets and premium breakdowns.
- Provide back-up to other Commercial Assistants as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong technical knowledge of commercial lines coverage and rating.
- Scanning and other clerical duties, as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be willing to obtain a Property and Casualty Producer License within first year of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least one year in insurance industry
Salary Range: Negotiable
Relocation Expenses: Not covered
Cydney Bain - Regional Talent Acquisition Professional
Interested in joining our dynamic team? Click here to apply!
We offer our valued teammates excellent Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, along with 401K and Employee Stock Purchase Plans.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Current Brown & Brown Team Members:
Attention Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.