Human Resources Leadership Program - Syracuse, NY
Location: Syracuse, NY
Brown & Brown Insurance Inc.’s Human Resources Leadership Program allows individuals to learn about Human Resources in the insurance industry while growing and developing the skills necessary to be a leader within our ever-growing company. The Leadership Program is a two-to-three year training program based in Syracuse, NY designed to prepare individuals for a successful future within Brown & Brown. Teammates in the Leadership Program travel to many of our 200+ decentralized locations performing audits based on processes and procedures within the Human Resources discipline. This unique opportunity provides our future leaders the chance to network with senior leadership across the company while exploring multiple offices across our four divisions and find the perfect opportunity.
Initial relocation to Syracuse, NY is required for the two-to-three year period. After successful development within the Brown & Brown business culture and execution of key job elements during this timeframe, this position would roll-out to a position in one of our many subsidiary offices or with our corporate team, either of which may require relocation within the U.S.
- Responsible for reviewing all human resource activities to include employment, compensation, benefits, and training and development for all existing offices.
- Develop and maintain relationship with internal operating divisions.
- Assist with FLSA evaluations of job positions of all existing offices.
- Assist with transition of documentation of job positions and job evaluation systems for all existing offices.
- Analyze, auditor and review payroll processes.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Recommend and advise on maintenance of human resource, payroll, and benefits systems.
- Recommend policy and procedural improvements for all existing offices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resource Management or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of employment law and other government (state and federal) compliance regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Salary Range: Negotiable
Relocation Expenses: Not covered
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Current Brown & Brown Team Members:
Attention Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.