Account Specialist- Shrewsbury, NJ
Location: Shrewsbury, New Jersey
Brown & Brown Benefit Advisors is seeking an Account Specialist to join our team! This individual will be responsible for client service support to the sales and account management team using a variety of skills and knowledge of the insurance market, products and legislation. Handles all aspects of account servicing for small books of business and/or ancillary lines under supervision.
- Provide direct daily support to an assigned book of business, and the respective Producer and Account Executive.
- Provide excellent customer service to the clients’ employee membership, as well as the carrier account management teams.
- Research and resolve employee claim and enrollment inquires and/or discrepancies within a reasonable timeframe.
- Provide documentation and guidance to client employees regarding active medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and FSA programs, COBRA, Healthcare Reform, Federal and NJ State Mandates, and other related employee benefit topics.
- Understand health and benefits products, services and tools in order to educate membership of what is available through their existing program(s).
- Develop positive relationships with carrier representatives.
- Remain current on industry trends and information, new product development, legislation, coverages, and technology.
- Assist in the preparation of customer renewal proposals while ensuring the use of internal required documents.
- Assist in the review of internal compliance and client disclosure requirements, summary plan documents (SPD's) and employee communications to ensure alignment with client expectations and legal requirements.
- Assist in the documenting of sales information into the internal management database.
- Assist in client specific projects as assigned by the Account Executive, including but not limited to implementation of a carrier transition, dependent verification audits, billing reconciliation, wellness initiatives, compensation statements, enrollment processing, and consultant invoicing.
- Participate in client calls and meetings as appropriate.
- Promote teamwork, support, and a positive attitude in the office and with other coworkers.
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred.
- NJ Life and Health license in good standing, required within 60 days of hire.
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Windows environment, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher. Able to create, edit, and merge letters, spreadsheets, labels, etc.
- Proficient knowledge use of office equipment (including but not limited to copy machines, printers, faxes, binding machine, etc.)
- 1+ years progressive experience in Insurance, Human Resources, or a Brokerage Firm.
Relocation Expenses: Not covered
Cristina Morgado, Team Resources Coordinator
Brown & Brown offers competitive base salaries and bonus plans with a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401K match, paid time off, paid holidays and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Current Brown & Brown Team Members:
Attention Brown & Brown Team Members: Don’t forget – when applying for a position with another Brown & Brown office you must first inform your current Team Leader/Profit Center Leader. Before scheduling an interview with you, the hiring manager will contact your Team Leader to confirm that notification has taken place and that you are employed in good standing and eligible for transfer.